Plan your day
We want to make sure that all visitors to The Big Event have a fantastic day, that's why we do our best to make our events as accessible and inclusive as possible. Here is some information that we hope will help you plan your visit.
Free to attend
The Big Event is free to attend. There is no need to pre-book your place, simply turn up on the day - everyone is welcome!
The Big Event is taking place at Hall 17, 18 and 19 at the NEC. All these halls are indoors and on one level, and are fully accessible to both scooters and wheelchairs. Entry to the event is at Hall 17.
Designated parking has been reserved close to The Big Event and this parking is free to all visitors. Simply follow the signs to The Big Event when you arrive at the NEC. Once you have parked your vehicle, car park assistants will be on hand to help you if needed. There is also an accessible car park shuttle service running from the car park to and from the main entrances.
We provide additional fully accessible toilets along with a High Dependency Unit equipped with adult and child changing facilities within the hall.
All our events are autism friendly
- Quiet / Sensory Room – Our quiet room with sensory products available to use at all our events. If you would like to access this room, please ask a member of the event team.
- Quieter times of day - As our events can get quite busy, you may be interested in attending the events at the quieter times which are generally between 2pm and 4pm.
- Ear defenders - We have a limited number of ear defenders available to borrow on request.
- Loud speaker announcements - These will be kept to a minimum and are only used for emergencies. There will be planned announcements at 3:45pm onwards to let guests know the show is closing at 4pm.
- Music - No music is played at any of our events.
We’re here to help - if you need any extra assistance on the day simply ask one of the Motability team.
On arrival at The Big Event you’ll be given a token that you can exchange for a free tea, coffee or soft drink. There will be a range of hot and cold food options available to purchase.
All our events are designed to be a fun day out for the whole family. There will be a children’s play area with free face painting, free balloon modelling and much more. Plus, you'll get the chance to meet the Motability Scheme mascot, Billy the Bear!
Assistance dogs are welcome at the NEC, however, any other dogs or pets are not allowed and will be refused entry.
Please do not leave your dogs in your car while you attend The Big Event.
Free Wi-Fi is provided by the NEC and is available to all visitors. Just ask one of the Motability Team on the day if you can't gain access.