Plan your day
We want to make sure that all visitors to One Big Day Harrogate have a fantastic day, that's why we do our best to make our events as accessible and inclusive as possible. Here is some information that we hope will help you plan your visit.
We have a number of scooters and manual wheelchairs available to hire free of charge – bookings are now open, you can book a scooter or manual wheelchair here. All scooters and wheelchairs can be collected outside the foyer at the entrance to the event.
Free to attend
One Big Day Harrogate is free to attend. There is no need to pre-book your place, simply turn up on the day - everyone is welcome!
One Big Day Harrogate is taking place at Yorkshire Event Centre. Yorkshire Event Centre is on one level and is fully accessible to both scooters and wheelchairs. This event will be indoors spread across two halls.
Designated free parking is located close to the entrances of all our events. On arrival, you will be directed to the closet available car parking spaces by our car parking stewards. Once you have parked your vehicle, car park assistants will be on hand to help you if needed. There is also an accessible car park shuttle service running from the car park to and from the main entrances.
We provide additional fully accessible toilets along with a High Dependency Unit equipped with adult and child changing facilities within the hall.
All our events are autism friendly
- Quiet / Sensory Room – Our quiet room with sensory products available to use at all our events. If you would like to access this room, please ask a member of the event team.
- Quieter times of day - As our events can get quite busy, you may be interested in attending the events at the quieter times which are generally between 2pm and 4pm.
- Ear defenders - We have a limited number of ear defenders available to borrow on request.
- Loud speaker announcements - These will be kept to a minimum and are only used for emergencies. There will be planned announcements at 3:45pm onwards to let guests know the show is closing at 4pm.
- Music - No music is played at any of our events.
We’re here to help - if you need any extra assistance on the day simply ask one of the Motability team.
On arrival at our events, you’ll be given a token that you can exchange for a free tea, coffee or soft drink. There will be a range of hot and cold food options available to purchase.
All our events are designed to be a fun day out for the whole family. There will be a children’s play area with free face painting, free balloon modelling and much more. Plus, you'll get the chance to meet the Motability Scheme mascot, Billy the Bear!
Assistance dogs are welcome at Yorkshire Event Centre however any other dogs or pets are not allowed and will be refused entry. Please do not leave your dogs in your car while you attend our events.
Free Wi-Fi is available at all our events. Just ask one of the Motability Team on the day if you can't gain access.